Meditation can change your life.
People who begin meditating find that minor annoyances become less likely to arouse their anger. They may also find themselves becoming kinder and more compassionate – toward themselves and others. Studies have shown better brain function among meditators vs non-meditators.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation helps us on many levels, from learning how to relax, to experiencing freedom from suffering and full liberation of heart and mind.
Meditation enables us to:
- defuse stress and experience greater calm
- lower blood pressure
- explore the mind-body relationship
- connect to our feelings
- expand our sense of who we are, beyond our fears and self-judgment
- find genuine happiness
- discover inner resources that can change our everyday lives
- awaken our capacity for insight and wisdom
- broaden our perspective and deepen our courage, based on seeing things just as they are
Meditation training is an important part of all GPY yoga therapy programs, and is also introduced in many group classes. Carol has studied Insight Meditation at the Insight Meditation Center of Newburyport and has been trained to teach meditation techniques as part of her Kripalu Yoga teaching training. She is currently pursuing certification in Mind-Body Stress Reduction (MBSR).
Meditation classes are available upon request.
As we quiet the mind, we discover our true selves and can be gently guided on our own graceful healing path toward self-fulfillment and contentment with what is.