Group Yoga Classes
The intention of a Kripalu Yoga class is to help students stretch, strengthen, and recharge their bodies while they learn to develop compassionate self-awareness. What makes a Kripalu yoga class different from other yoga classes is an internal, meditative focus that promotes the union of the body, mind, and spirit, and results in a profound sense of wellbeing.
A complete Kripalu yoga class includes:
- Centering – the practice of present moment awareness
- Yogic breathing techniques
- Warm-up exercises taught with attention to details of alignment and balance
- Coordination of breath and movement – meditation in motion
- Relaxation period at the end of practice
A great class for beginners, and anyone interested in exploring a gentle practice to recover from stress, improve flexibility, and promote wellbeing. Students will learn a variety of foundational yoga postures that require sitting, standing and lying on a yoga mat.
This class includes breath work, a variety of warm-up exercises, and a broader experience of classic yoga postures. Exploration of practice may include vinyasa, or the sequencing of postures in a flowing style that provides a good workout and helps students feel re-energized.